Monday, April 4, 2011

Making my space mine. (Not to be confused with MySpace)

     Just a small note for now. Looking for wall clocks, these are the ones I've found that I like.

1- http://www.simplywallclocks.com/huwacl.html
2- http://www.simplywallclocks.com/gibbous-wall-clock.html
3- http://www.simplywallclocks.com/raven-wall-clock.html
4- http://www.simplywallclocks.com/paragon-wall-clock.html
5- http://www.simplywallclocks.com/black-night-wall-clock.html 

     I actually saw a clock I liked at Target better than these, it was big but not an oversized one, black wood finish, and a creme colored face. If my walls were creme colored, it'd work a little better, but it will still look nice and fit in. Some of the above didn't really match but fit the color.

     Over the last few years, a friend and I have sort of "stored" his couch at my house when he moves back home. I even moved it out with me when I moved out last year and it was a second love seat, third couch in our basement. It is in pretty good shape, but has been moved between our homes as he moves out and wanted his couch back. It generated a few interesting moving situations and hassles. I finally decided to offer him some cash for the couch. It was put to debate while I looked for a new couch I liked, but didn't see any on my impulse trip to RCWilley nor on the internet that appealed to me or fit my price range. I bought the couch from him yesterday, and it will be a continual piece of my furniture as long as it isn't smashed to oblivion by me or my family. It does have a spot on the left arm where people "get bored" and scratch and pick at it. (Ode to understanding frustrated parents from the past; as I own things now and see them scratched, cracked, or otherwise rendered no longer good-as-new by disinterested parties)

     I am debating one or two small wall pictures/paintings, but have not looked in to them very much as of yet. If I find stuff I like, it will be posted here to demonstrate. Still wanting to buy some black finish faux wood blinds for my two windows too. Then the windows won't look so ghetto. They have the cheapest blinds my parents could find from 20 years ago, so that's the quality / look I have now. After those things, I won't really need much more than some lamps or ceiling lights to complete it. Random side projects, they're fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment